Honestly, i was devastated on sunday night as i watched my little cousin cry and pray to be hale and hearty as the malaria symptoms kept disturbing and making him feel uncomfortable. at about 2:AM on Monday morning, he woke me up in tears and before i could ask what the problem was, he started throwing up; i was totally confused and did not know if i needed to smile at him or feel bad for him throwing up in my room…But all i could do was tidy the environment and pray that he feels better. I tell you something; sleep ran away from my eyes and it got me pondering about this marriage thing… Are you really sure you want to do this was all i could ask myself; but i guess that experience inspired this piece.
Hello pretty lady,
Before you get yourself worked up and asking God why you are not yet married, I need you to ponder on these points that I am about to bring to you today. I write as an unmarried lady but that is not a shortcoming to my knowledge of the necessary things one must know about marriage and taking the bold step to say I DO… Here we go!
- Are you ready to put others first?
- Have you learnt how to keep a home? cooking, cleaning and other creative things.
- Are you ready to sacrifice my food and space for others sometimes?
- Are you ready to listen without intruding or judging?
- Are you ready to pray and stay on your knees to keep your home?
- Are you ready to share your body sometimes against your will just to please your husband?
- Are you ready to take corrections?
- Are you ready to go some nights or days without enough sleep or rest as you are responsible for the welfare of your husband and kids?
- Are you ready for the discomfort you would experience during pregnancies most especially the first and early stage?
- Have you learnt enough about how to turn a house into a home so your husband and kids can rise up and call you blessed?
- How are you with kids and can you stand the sight and smell of a child’s poo?
- Are you ready for the distressed times in marriage? In times of lack,Sickness or Confusions…
- What if something goes wrong,can you still stay with this person and fight the good fight of faith?
- Are you ready to respect and stay submissive forever to this man?
- What exactly do you know about marriage,raising kids and keeping a family?
- What can your children look up to you for?
- Are you patient,enduring and persevering?
- Do you know what it takes to be a mother,wife,priest,sister,bestie,confidant and much more to your hubby?
- What books and messages have i read and listened to about marriage that will guide me through the journey?
- How much of God do you know and are you ready to know him more as you prepare to raise a family that will glorify God?